So why start a blog?
Plain and simple; I want to share the story of Gargage.
After playing together for four years, and of course, graduating from college and being thrown into whatever the hell this mess of life after graduation is, we realized that if we wanted to make a living off our music it was time to get serious.
As an independent band in a country where rock music is at the bottom of the food chain, we are faced with several challenges, some of which are unique to us; given our place of origin and the resources (or lack thereof) we have at our disposal. How we intend to tackle these challenges is where the story gets interesting, hence, the birth of this blog.
Here you will find…
- Details on how we manage to keep a “working team” mindset.
- Personal insight on our current and future plans and how we go about developing them.
- Personal sources of inspiration (Books, articles, blogs, music etc…)
- Updates on performance dates, recording sessions and everything in between.
Things to look forward to reading about in this blog…
- First and foremost, travelling to the US to record our first album in 2011!
- The process of developing our own advertising campaigns (did I mention we are an independent band?).
- Pre-producing the songs that will be going on our first album.
Enough said on this first post. There are still 4 years of past trajectory to go through and I will be doing so briefly on the next one. Oh, and it would probably be a good idea to introduce the rest of the band so be sure to stay in touch and happy reading!